Work With Borderlands Theater
Borderlands is hiring a Production Manager!
Borderlands Theater is hiring a Production Manager for our upcoming West Side Stories production. Be an integral part of this unique community driven collaboration with west side residents, civic partners, and non-profit service organizations. Work directly with Borderlands Theater ensemble members to create a cutting-edge site-specific theatre to build community, foster pride/belonging, and educate the public about Tucson’s Sonoran-Barrio heritage.
Production Manager Duties include:
- Interface with project partners, City of Tucson, and Borderlands Theater lead artists
- Work with west side community organizations and vendors to manage their presence at the event
- Coordinate volunteers
- Draft contracts
- Maintain production budget
- Purchase project materials and pick up supplies
- Attend production meetings
- Reports to the Artistic Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sign-Up Genius, Google Forms)
- Experience in event production or project management a plus
Additional qualifications (not required)
- Batchelor’s Degree or higher or relevant experience.
Work Modality and Compensation
- In-person office at least two days a week, with additional hours working remotely.
- $25-$35 per hour depending on experience. Approximately 300 work hours total.
- Flexible work schedule, approximately 10-25 hours per week.
Limited hours in 2022, with majority of work from January to April, 2023.
Contract ends May 5, 2023 .
Position open until filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Marc Pinate firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions are not being held at this time.